Church History

Concord UMC is located in the Furlow community. The church and the cemetery were established on land given by Dr. James Robinson in 1871. A new building was erected in 1912. A new sanctuary was started in 1950 and with Sunday school rooms, fellowship hall, and kitchen added the structure was completed in 1978. In 1997 the new Family Life Center was consecrated. Through donations, prayer, faith, hard work and fundraisers improvements are continuing to be made. The ability to work together to achieve these goals is an important characteristic of Concord.

Concord UMC has a long tradition of making disciples and reaching out to the community. We are a church that is about the task of making disciples for Jesus Christ. We are a welcoming congregation inviting all who attend to become a part of our ministry. At Concord we have Open Hearts, Open Minds and Open Doors.